Hi, I’m Sara.
I live in the little colonial city of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, where I buck the local Amish tradition by spending my days making, reading, and writing things on the internet. When I’m not consulting with clients, I’m probably:
- Promoting my new book from Rosenfeld Media, Content Everywhere
- Editing A List Apart, a magazine about web design, content, and code
- Speaking at conferences and holding workshops
- Contributing articles and essays to publications like Contents
- Writing a blog (mostly for other content folks) right here
Before trekking out on my own, I spent a half-dozen years working in agencies – mostly at Off Madison Ave, where I started as a web writer and became the director of interactive content and marketing strategy. Over the years I launched the agency’s content strategy practice, grew the discipline into a core offering, built a department, and joined the senior management team.
Prior to my time in agency-land, I wrote features for magazines and newspapers and developed curricula to educate kids about sexual abuse. The variety’s been nice, but really it’s all the same idea: delivering meaningful, useful information to people who want and need it.
I’m clear-headed, hard-working, and driven equally by perfectionism and realism. I’ve got a big mouth and a busy brain. And I like helping good people make their products and services even better. Want to get specific? Download a resume, or visit my LinkedIn.